A unique and delicious way to grill food is by using a wooden plank. This is a surefire way to get delicious results and wow your dinner guests. The smoke created from the plank sitting directly above a lit burner infuses the meat with unsurpassed grilled flavour.
Using a plank is simple
- Soak it in water for at least an hour and pat it dry.
- Pre-heat your grill on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Coat both sides of the plank with olive oil then place the seasoned meat on it.
- Place the plank on the grill directly over the lit burner and reduce the heat to MEDIUM-LOW.
- Cook the meat to its desired doneness.
Cedar planks are ideal for salmon but don’t be afraid to try other meats with it. Pork goes great on a maple plank and lamb is delicious on alder.
Find more grilling techniques and recipes online at www.broilkingbbq.com