The steakhouse is a family favorite for its flavorful cuts of beef , so to save money, we thought we would show you how to re-create those same savory steaks on your barbecue at home.
Perfect Steak Grilling Tips
- If it doesn’t sizzle, your grill is not hot enough. Preheat your grill to at least 450° for great sear marks and steakhouse quality results.
- Season the grill: a thin coating of oil on hot cooking gridsl both protects the grill surface and keeps your food from sticking. A refillable oil mister is an easy way to do this. Tip: Always turn the burners to low before spraying oil; never use non-stick sprays with aerosol since they are flammable.
- Always bring proteins to room temperature before grilling – this will enhance tenderness and result in more even cooking.
- Any sweet or sugary barbecue sauce should be applied in the last two minutes on the grill, or after the meat is removed. These sauces burn easily and can ruin a great steak.
- Try a compound butter: first soften the butter to room temperature and then mix in the flavouring of your choice such as blue cheese, sundried tomato, or cajun. Top the hot steak with a pat of this butter and watch the flavour melt all over the grilled meat.
- Choose your weapon: don’t pierce your steak, use a good set of tongs to turn them. The more you poke holes, the more flavour and tenderness escapes.
- Let it rest: cutting into a steak right off the grill lets juices escape onto the plate. Let any steak rest of 5 minutes before serving. The juices will settle evenly throughout the steak, giving a more tender, flavourful, and enjoyable dining experience.
Check out this video to learn how to create those steakhouse style grill marks.
Learn more about choosing the perfect steak at http://www.tenandtwosteak.com